Saturday, September 10, 2016

CDR Bags 51-60

On the back side of 50!

Rodeo, doll panels x3, sundaes and doughnuts x2, deer, puppies x2, and an upholstery remnant bag with doily attached to each side. 

The project continues as does the stash busting.

40 to go, most of which I've already cut out. 

Friday, September 2, 2016

CDR Bags 41-50

Been sewing, I have. Here are the fruits of my labor:

Soccer x2, cows x3, school x2, fire department x2, and a Charlie Brown bag. 
Halfway done!
50 to go. 

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

CDR Bags - 31-40

Almost halfway there! Bags 31-40; 60 to go.
Soccer, cars x2, motorcycles, flames, fire and rescue x3, another soccer, and Teletubbies.

It has been fun going through my stash to find kid-friendly fabrics and use them up. I'm ending up with smaller pieces that I can donate to someone doing craft sewing. I've already started on 41-50. I sew every day and usually make a bag or two when I can. 

Here's hoping the kids of CDR enjoy their library bags!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

CDR bags update, 21-30!

Police, hippie x2, cats, dog paws, lizards, pigs x3, and strawberries. 

30 down, 70 to go.

Are you sewing anything for your community? I'm loving de-stashing and making something that someone else can use. I have a bag to collect the stash pieces that are too small for this project, but ready to be used for something else. That will be gifted via Freecycle when it's full. I suspect I'll fill up more than one bag!

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

CDR Bag Project, Bags 11-20

4 police department bags, 5 dog fabric bags, and 1 more wacky stripe bag.

20 down, 80 to go!
I keep thinking now that when the 100 bags project is done, I just might keep sewing and give bags to the local library for kids to use. Who knows? Right now, I'm on a roll!

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Alicia's quilt - from fabric to precious

Alicia is a friend of my daughter's, and therefore, a friend of mine. That's the way it works, right? I made a simple pinwheel quilt for her baby some time ago. He's been born and growing like a weed. Ivan is his name. She posted a picture on Facebook today showing Ivan sleeping on the quilt. This is why we sew. From fabric bits to a peaceful baby sleeping. So beautiful.

This is a cute dog/cat fabric. It was a perfect fit for Alicia. 

A couple of rows and then: 

Yep, that's why we sew. 

Saturday, July 30, 2016

100 bags - Bags 4-10

10 down, 90 to go.
2 snakes bags and a grapes bag

This is my favorite so far. I used the border of a Daisy Kingdom fabric. I will make 2 more police bags out of the non-border of the same fabric. All 3 have German shepherd dog pockets inside. 

Wacky hippie fabric.