Monday, October 17, 2016

100 Bags for Child Development Resources - Done

Pink Sponge Bob x4, Care Bears, teddy bears, Blue Sponge Bob, Bullwinkle x3

Green Sponge Bob x2, Lion King, Hawaiian x2, Golf x2, wacky colors x2, Butterflies

I hope the kids served by Child Development Resources enjoy their library bags. The note enclosed also suggests they can use the bag for toys, clothes, or whatever.

As for the de-stashing that comes along with making 100 tote bags, I used approximately 44 yards long x 20" wide fabric, including pockets and lining. As well, 3600" of webbing for the handles was used, some of it donated. I went through several spools of thread that have been hanging out, and that's a good feeling too.

I highly recommend taking on a civic project. Set a goal and just get it done. Why not?

Next up? Who knows. I think it's time to focus on sewing for me again.

5 comments:

  1. Well done on completing such a HUGE project, Donna!!! The bags look great hanging on your thread holder. You've made a substantial dent in your stash... LOL!!! And made lots of kids happy. Thanks so much for sharing the links with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I am sure the children, or whoever, receive one our your beautiful bags will be delighted for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know when my kids were little, they loved having their own library bags (we went to the library a lot!). Hopefully, just this one little thing will help encourage reading in a tiny way.

      Delete
  3. Donna, you've motivated me. I've just challenged myself to make 100 drawstring bags. We'll see how I go. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I know it's daunting at first, but go 10 at a time and change up the creative bursts from time to time while you're choosing fabrics, sewing, you know - have fun with it. I'd love to see them as you go along. Will you be posting on your blog?

      Delete