Sunday, April 2, 2017

On Golden Pond Costuming - Let's get started

I am fortunate enough to have been asked to costume On Golden Pond for the Williamsburg Players. They're in early rehearsals now, so I'm in the planning and early making stages myself. Right now, I have two formerly white dress shirts in the dryer. They're now blue and one will be a short sleeved USPS shirt and the other a long sleeved USPS shirt. To go with them, the director wants a certain hat, so I'm currently hand sewing a fabric printed emblem onto the hat:
Don't want to show too much just yet! My daughter helped with the artwork search and then I printed what will be all the patches for Charlie's uniform on fabric. The shirts have a couple emblems as well. This is the fun part!

I have a long way to go and I'll take you with me through the process. Tonight, I'll get my bio information together for the program and work on mapping out the characters and when they'll wear certain clothes.

Double bonus for this show, I get to work back stage too! Already got my black pants and tees ready to rock and roll. All of mine are about 10 years old and in really bad shape. A girl needs new black stuff, right?

If you're local, get your tickets early. It's gonna be a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment