Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Sewing in the new year

I promise I'll finish the open weave vest tutorial. In the meantime, I've made two of the size 4 vests and one for me, a bit bigger than size 4. I've also made two patchwork Minions vests in size 4. Photos of those to come. For hand sewing, I'm working on a calico and white muslin Cathedral window doll quilt. Lastly, I'm still working on folded fabric ornaments for next year's Christmas (those will be on sale). I've stocked up on Hanukkah fabric to make some placemats, but that's on my to-do list.

My new thing is painting rocks for the Kindness Rocks Project. My painting skills are not the greatest, but that's not the point. Here are a few I've painted and set free to be found:
My daughter placed this one in Boston for me. 



The above were all released in Williamsburg, VA, where I live.

This one went out today on National Law Enforcement Day. 

I have officially semi-retired and have more time to sew than ever before. It's very odd having real free time. Raising three children and working full time forever have kept me more than busy. Relax? What's that? I don't know how!

I have the photos for the open weave vest ready to go. I need to sit down and just do it. It's a fun and tedious project, and the results are so worth it.

Keep sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment