Monday, November 26, 2018

Sewing machine and notion ads that make you think, sorta

Pinterest and Google searches come up with so many vintage sewing ads. Some make you laugh and some make you wonder. Others make you see how far people who sew have come. Here are a few that I thought you might enjoy.

I don't read the language, but I'm sure it means something fun. 


I guess if you wanted to get any sewing done in this woman's time, you needed to tie up your distraction. 


I'm not sure how I feel about this one's message. It sort of makes being a wife not a thing you'd want to be? 


Did you see the movie "Little Shop of Horrors," the one with Steve Martin as the dentist? This ad reminds me of Audrey singing "Somewhere That's Green." 


I thought this one was cute - catching a kiss over the wall and he has to stand on the machine table to reach his sweetie. 


This is a pretty standard advertisement, but I like the smile on her face and her perfect hair. 


Elna is one of the Cadillacs of sewing machines, but who knew it had a magic brain? 


And last, but not least, the cow spool holder. 
The look on the bovine's face says it all, don't you think? 


Feel free to let us know if you run across an ad that tickles your fancy.


Elna ad 
We found no attribution available for the other photos.
If any are yours, let me know and I'll credit you immediately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment