Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Zen and the art of hexagons

I took some time today to finish my hexagons to send to Iceland as part of the hexagon swap. I turned off the television, turned on the lamp, sat by the window for extra light, and picked up the needle. The dog was at my feet and a cup of coffee was by my side on the end table. I sewed until the second hexagon flower was done. In the quiet. With no interruption. And the time passed too quickly.


The center is yellow (it scanned orangish) and is from the Michael Miller Krystal collection. I've used the fabric for rainbow projects and have several colors on hand.

It was a wonderful afternoon and a nice interruption of a normally hectic day.

1 comment:

  1. They are lovely. I am sure your partner will find them perfect. You can post up on the Inchy blog before you send. It is up to you.

    ReplyDelete