Saturday, March 28, 2020

Weekending - Covid-19 style

I have to admit, I'm becoming increasingly careful, bordering on paranoid. I'm gloving up, leaving packages outside for 24 hours, and just being super vigilant. So much so that I brought into the house the boxes of toilet paper that had been delivered here last week - porch pirates, you know.

It's Saturday. That means sleeping a little late, making a little something for breakfast, and extended coffee break. For color, I broke down cardboard boxes for recycling, collected trash from around the house, and Richard and I went to the convenience center (our county's term for the small dump). While there, the attendant saw my empty Charmin boxes and said, "Did you really have toilet paper in those boxes?" By virtue of the fact that she noticed my boxes, I know I did the right thing bringing them in earlier. LOL After Richard dumped the trash and I did the recycling, I grabbed a wipe. Richard mentioned we didn't touch anything other than what we brought with us and I asked for a wipe anyway. He used it too. I then took it and wiped off interior parts of his truck. Take that, germs!

Then it was time for planting radishes and some target shooting. Winnie and Richard and I took out the small guns and went plink, plink, plink. I really want to be more comfortable with my small carry gun. At one point, Richard suggested I get into the actual range of the target that I would be in if I was defending myself. Closer to the target, I shot flawlessly. Boom! I know I'm a good shot, but today, I felt like an accomplished shot and am good with my gun.

Naptime and then more time on the deck with Richard, just enjoying the weather and the birds. I did get a little bit of walking done today, but more so, got functional activity.

We ordered Pizza Hut. I read their site and their precautions and decided to go for it. We set out a plastic bag on the counter for the pizza box. For the desserts, Winnie gloved up and we put them in our own containers and threw away what they came in without contact. We opted for no contact delivery and the guy opened a folding chair on our front porch and slid our boxes out of his carrier into that chair. Bravo, Pizza Hut guy. I didn't see him, but Winnie confirmed that he was wearing gloves. Cleanup was just as cautious as setup, and we all washed up. Winnie cleaned the counter with a wipe (we're going to do that every day regardless of the number of times we wash it with a sponge.

Overall, it's been a busy enough day to keep us occupied. Now it's time for a cup of coffee and television. 

No comments:

Post a Comment