Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sewing Resolutions for 2014 (Updated 1/30/18)


Did you make any resolutions for the year? I make pretty much the same ones every year when it comes to sewing, so with that in mind, here are this year's goals:

  1. Sew something at least 5 days a week, preferably every day. If it's not sewing, it'll be something with fabric, like my new addiction - folded fabric ornaments! - I sort of stick to this. I either paint, sew, or fold fabric nearly every day. 
  2. Organize fabrics and donate that which I will not be using. This is the hardest one. Thinning the stash does not come naturally! - Done, along with the remodeling and moving/organizing the sewing room. 
  3. Makes some clothes! - Ongoing. 
  4. Build a small stock of items for sale at the indoor yard sale in Williamsburg. 
  5. Continue with as much sewing with scraps and in a frugal manner as possible.
  6. Format prior tutorials for this web site. - Working on it!
  7. Do at least 3 more tutorials for this site.  - I think I did a couple.
  8. Finish the Cathedral Window doll quilts. - Finished a bunch and made more.
  9. Finish tying the lap quilt that is made. - Done
  10. Finish tying the Halloween quilt that is made. - Done
  11. Finish and tie the two hexagon quilts for the guest room. - The two tops are done. I started tying one and wasn't happy with it, so I'm looking for someone to quilt them. They're 100% done by hand and I want to do them justice. 
  12. (See a trend there?)
  13. Pet my stash. 
Italic comments added January 30, 2018. 

You have a list? Even if you don't write it down, think about what you'd like to accomplish with your needle, thread, fabric, yarn, or whatever else you create with!

Happy new year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment