Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Seasons Tree

I have a tree, a metal tree. It's been a long time coming. I've always wanted a tree to decorate year round. I used to have a twig that I decorated with tiny wooden Easter eggs. That got me started. I have no idea where those eggs went.



Over the years, our Christmas tree has gone from a huge live tree to a very small faux tree with fewer and fewer decorations on it and finally, down to one string of lights. This year, I found a small metal tree with hooks on the boughs. It's perfect for what I want to display as a Christmas tree. The more I looked at it decorated for Christmas, the more I got to thinking that this might be the tree that I will use for all seasons.

So, that's what I'm going to do. I started collecting prisms and chandelier parts (crystals) and crystal/beaded snowflakes, and as of today, I have a few. I have 9 more on the way, and they'll get here, but I have a lifetime to go.  I have some ideas for February (sewn hearts, for one) and Easter, and maybe something patriotic for July. I've got plenty of time.

The bottom line here is that it's time to carry on with things that I want to do. Why the heck not, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment