Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day 1 of isolating at home again

I went out yesterday. I needed to pick up prescriptions. Okay, I could have done that via the drive-through, but was curious what was going on inside the grocery store. Plus, I needed an onion. I put on gloves and went in. First thing, no onions except a few scraggly looking red ones. I got 2. There were a few bags of salad of several types, so I picked up a couple of those. No bananas, potatoes, regular onions, and barely any of their presliced items. This was Harris Teeter in Lightfoot, by the way.

I didn't look at the meat aisle or the egg/cheese refrigerators. I should have as I now know that eggs are scarce. I walked down a few aisles and, as expected, paper products were gone, water was bought out, and there was, get this, one carton of regular milk. It was skim milk, but it's milk.

The freezer section was stocked relatively well, but soap and wipes and all things hygiene were picked over or gone. I did not go down the pet aisle, but again, maybe I should have as I hear today dog food is being hoarded. I had ordered Abbey's food online as she was out and it was her time.

This shit is just so very strange. As Trevor Noah says, "Is this how we're going to die?" It's freaky. It's hard not to panic when the world is panicking around me.

On another note, though I'm cooking well, I'm eating shit way too much. I am my mother's daughter. Food I have. Pantry, frig, freezer, and garage freezer are all full. And yet, I have a niggling thought in the back of my mind that it's not enough.

I'm not smoking, but boy, do I want to. I won't, but the urge is real. And if we're all going to die, why bother staying quit? See the stupid rationalization/logic that runs through my head?

I have more pot than should be allowed and will keep cooking and baking.

We had groceries delivered last night. As I put them away, I realized it was mostly junk food. 12 cartons of ice cream. No eggs. Richard and Winnie are on an egg hunt today. I sent him out with a cold bag and she went out just to see the world.

That's coronavirus for today. I'm going to sew in a minute. I need to melt down first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment