Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Symptoms and how to spend the time.

Posted this on FB:

How we do it here in Croaker Adjacent:
Baking.
Bird and squirrel watching.
Walking with the dog.
Turning off the news.
Watching old westerns on demand on StarzEncore.
Cooking from scratch.
Keeping up with kids via text and Facetime.
Shopping online - okay, trying to curb that one.
Grocery delivery by Instacart.
Not opening boxes that are delivered for 24 hours.
Trying to read (not as successful as before the isolation chit)
Playing online games.
Exercising with Amazon Prime videos.
Sewing.
Painting rocks.
Listening to music. Today is Hoyt Axton day. Tomorrow is Ray Charles day.
Social media for a hoot and a holler.
Winnie's doing yoga and puzzles and some of the above too.
Richard's is doing what he does. He's still working, but it's a safe situation.

The other night, I was having some gastrointestinal symptoms, well actually all day 2 days ago. The first thing I thought was bad grapes. Then later, I was convinced that it was the first sign of covid-19. I emailed my doctor and he suggested to continue self-isolation and quarantine practices and that diarrhea is generally a part of a larger melange of symptoms. I'm sure it was the grapes as there's no further effect. 

I am washing fabric for Anna's baby quilt today. I should be able to get started on it soon. Until then, I have denim strips to sew and Wyatt Earp to watch. I realized I could watch all the westerns on StarzEncore on demand. That's a lot of watching for me!

Banana bread has been made and taste tested. Yumtastic. Richard left to go to Ronnie's to pick up chicken and pie crusts. There will be quiche in our future. I had broccoli delivered yesterday and still have a ton of cheese and eggs. Plus, they can be frozen for later. 

I get very frustrated, more than I should, every time Trump comes on television, so I'm leaving it off for the most part unless it's a western or something planned. He's not an effective leader and does not instill one iota of confidence in me. He appears to be more concerned with business than people. I know there's a line that needs to be kept in check, but it's people that count. Argh. 

And that's self-isolation for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment